A Poem a Week




I want to get back into the creative groove, thus I am going to challenge myself to write a poem a week and publish it on my blog. That's 52 poems, if you didn't know. I have had this overwhelming need, yes NEED, to be somewhat artistic and creative. I have been having flashes or creativity enter my mind for the past few months and it has been bothering me to the point of frustration. I don't really know how to deal with having a creative blockage in my life, I guess laxatives, but I don't want to got to extreme measures just yet. I am having ideas come to me that seem to have been there for years they are so developed, my only problem is seeing them go from ideas to completed work. I have ideas for short plays, stories (books), skits (humorous and dramatic), poems, art work... it is really a cool thing that I don't know how to control or harness. So to start, I'm going for a poem a week for 1 year. Hopefully I can hold my self accountable to this resolution and try to actually complete something that is not required of me.

Reply to this post

Post a Comment