The Hockey Gods

This whole hockey season was a wash for me. I live in Phoenix and I root for the Blackhawks. Both teams are not in the Stanley Cup Finals. No surprise for the Coyotes, and after this last season it was wishful thinking for the Hawks. So going into the Finals I was actually leaning toward Vancouver to win (since they never have in their 40 some odd years of their franchise). However I was torn because Boston hasn't had their names on the Cup since Bobby Orr played for them (if you don't know Hockey, educate yourself and Google Bobby Orr)... Nevertheless it's been a while.


HOWEVER, that mindset as changed after game 3. What is wrong with Vancouver?! After Burrows bit (yes, I said bit) Burgeron in game 1, and wasn't suspended, I had a slight change in heart. Not because he wasn't penalized, but because WHO BITES?! You have a problem on the ice, you drop the gloves and let your fists do the talking, not your teeth! Then in game 3 the late hit that Rome put on Horton was inexcusable! I hope the NHL suspends & fines him BIG! Rome easily could've paralyzed Horton, it was a blindsided late hit and Hortons head bounced off the ice. They had to cart Horton off the ice on a stretcher; at the 1st intermission they gave an update and said Horton had full movement of his extremities. Vancouver may be the #1 ranked team of the 2010-11 season but they're selfish immature punks. I'm glad the Bruins spanked them (8-1) in game 3! FYI THAT'S A BASEBALL SCORE, not a hockey score. 8 goals is practically unheard of. The Bruins scored their last 3 goal on 3 consecutive shots (that's amazing)!


I am an avid hockey fan and have my allegiances and favorites, but sorry Vancouver you just dropped to the bottom on my list. All I have to say is that the goal differential over the past 2 games is 12-1 Boston, and for the series it’s 14-5. GO BRUINS!


In the immortal words of Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World, 1992)"GAME ON!"

1 comment

Anonymous | June 10, 2011 at 9:15 PM

loved it!!!! :)

Post a Comment