1st of Many

Starting a blog... something I never thought would ever appeal to me. I have to find a hobby; right now hiking is taking up most of my life, but that can only happen once every week (if I'm lucky). Not that I have anything to complain about, I could have worse excuses for not being able to get outdoors as much as I want. My family always has to come first, if it's a question between hanging out with my wife and boys and going for a hike I choose family. I just can't wait until I don't have to make that choice and I can start to bring my family on hikes.

I think that the hardest part about keeping up with something like this is finding "stuff" to talk about every couple of days. As much as I say my life is boring and mundane, I can't help think that having a blog will help me recognize how much excitement surrounds me at almost every point of my day. I really want to get into writing and what better way than starting something that possibly no one will read or care about. I'll be able to post, vent, rant and rave about whatever I see or hear that interests me.

I don't keep up with a whole lot other than my family, job and sports. My political prowess holds enough strength to destroy a wet paper bag, something that I have been telling myself I need to start studying up on. Major plans: relax, apply to Grad. School, understand politics, unlocks secrets to the universe and get in shape... probably listed in order of importance for me. Should probably have put finish laundry and pack for vacation starting on Sunday. Oh! And get fitted for tux for Mikey's wedding.

I have a lengthy to-do list, I should start investing in Sharpies and wash my forearm off to make sure I have a large enough surface to write this down on.

1 comment

James | June 21, 2009 at 1:57 PM

New blogs, or even first blogs, are always interesting.

I know you'll keep me interested, and many others, 100 posts into it...but it doesn't take much to please me.

Just don't talk about the fact that I don't have a motorcycle yet.

Post a Comment